Potato Methi Paratha is a very delicious and healthy dish. Methi helps in digestion. Methi is also a good food for diabetics, and helps reduce chronic backaches. Its easy to prepare and no side dish is needed. Just a pickle or curd is enough. Potato helps to reduce the bitterness in the Methi (Fenugreek). This is good for a main course or can even be served as tea time snack. The goodness of Methi can be used effectively using this method. As Methi is generally little bitter, children don’t like Methi directly. this dish helps to solve this problem.
For Dough Preparation:
For Dough Preparation:
- Whole Wheat Flour – 2 cups
- Salt – To taste
- Water – Nearly 1 1/4 cup
- Potatoes – 3 Nos boiled & mashed
- Methi Leaves – 1 Bunch washed, dried and finely chopped (In case fresh methi leaves are not available use kasthuri methi .)
- Coriander Leaves – 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Green Chillies – 1 No finely chopped
- Freshly grated Ginger – 1 Tbsp
- Garlic – 1 pod chopped finely (optional)
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 Tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 Tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 Tbsp
- Salt – To Taste
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 Tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tbsp
- Chili Powder – 1 Tbsp
METHOD OF PREPARATION
For the Dough:
- Combine all the ingredients & knead them into a soft dough using water. Make balls out of it and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a kadai and add cumin seeds and green chilies.
- Once they splutter add the Ginger Garlic Paste and saute for 1 Min.
- Add the chopped Corriander leaves and cook for 2 min
- Add the chopped Methi leaves and cook till the leaves are close.
- Add Turmeric, salt , coriander powder and .Garam Masala . Saute for 1 more min.
- Add the potatoes and saute for 1 more min.
- Turn of the gas and now keep the potato methi mixture aside.
- Make small balls for filling mixture.
For the Aloo Methi Paratha
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a small circle using the whole wheat flour for dusting. Place one ball of the aloo methi filling mixture in the centre of the circle. Seal tightly by bring sides together so that the mixture doesn’t come out.
- Flatten these balls again and roll like any other paratha. Cook on a tava, using oil/ghee until both the sides are golden brown.Repeat the process with the rest of the dough portions.
- Serve hot with Curd or Pickle