Pesarttu is a very Andhrite special Tiffin. It is a simple dish to make, quick an easy to make veriety. Aslo this is a tiffin which makes you feel fullness with very little eating. Combination with Upma and chutney, this is a perfect dish for any occasion You can impress your guests with the authentic Andhra cuisine. A veriety of variations possible like allam pesarattu, onion pesarattu etc.
Pesalu (Green Gram)- 1 cup
Rice – a handful
Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
Salt – to taste
Oil – for drizzling
Green Chillies – 2 -3 (finely chopped)
Ginger – 1″ piece
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
- soak rice and Green Gram overnight
- grind that with salt, ginger to a smooth paste (If you add one onion while grinding the taste will be very good
- Now it should form a dosa consistency
- Mix well
- Grease a hot tava with Oil (Ghee makes it superb).
- Pour a laddleful of this batter on the tava and spread as done for dosa
- Add the cumin seeds, green chilies and onion pieces
- drizzle some oil while its heating
- When cooked on one side turn over the other side and allow that to cook- This is Important to have the taste.
- Serve hot with some chutney. (Best is cocounut Chutney)
- There is a Very Famous combination to this. Upma with Pesarattu.